Friday, March 6, 2009

Brizzle and Brum

Two lovely America Unchained book readings this last week in Bristol and Birmingham... thanks to everyone who came along.

Especially my Mum who surprised me by sneaking into the Birmingham event unannounced.

I'd been on for less than a minute when I spied her on the third row. She even put her hand up to ask a question in the Q&A. It wasn't a question about the book... she wanted to know when I was going to give her a gimble - something I had once promised and have yet to deliver. Bad boy.

By the way, it's worth pointing out that I do see my Mum from time to time. And we do speak on a regular basis. She doesn't need to go to these kind of extremes in order to communicate with me...

Not sure if these links will all work, but Lucy from the Birmingham store has uploaded some photos from the event to my facebook page. This is me laughing at the way the staff were trying to cajole my Mum into joining in with a group photo and this is the group photo with my Mum standing reluctantly on the end.

10 comments:

Jenny Harvey said...

The links all work fine.
It does seem a jolly event, which itself is an achievemet in Birmingham

Anonymous said...

Saw adverts for the upcoming Genius tv series! Really looking forward to it - anybody have news on dates/times? Want to make sure I plan ahead to watch/record it.

Anonymous said...

That store looks stunning - amazing staircase! Where is it? (ex Brummie asking)

Glad it went well for you

Anonymous said...

Gimbles are brilliant since I was given one as a present, I would read a book without one. You had better send her one!!!!!! and your mother.

Anonymous said...

I really didn't mean the above statement to read as it has come out - sorry - sounds rude.
Gimbles are good though

get in here said...

Fun in Birmingham? You are good.

Anonymous said...

Can you turn the page with a gimble on or do you keep having to tuck the page under?

Anonymous said...

Gimble Inventor -Dear Dave - I would love to send your mother a pack of Gimbles totally FREE please contact me through mike@gimbleuk.com or the link from my web site www.gimbleuk.com.
I've left the same message on your managements answer machine.

Anonymous said...

Dave,

I'm a fan, and everything but I think you really need to drop the 'oh, I wish there was a site that told you that etc' line. It smacks of you either needing to get folk to your site to sell dvds or that you need a massive self awareness transplant. You're not Mick Jagger. You rely as much on a slice of your fan's student loans as you do on gimmicks, so do stop the nastiness and sarcasm. If you don't like the line of communication as much as you make out, drop it and don't blog/twitter/set up myspace accounts solely to tell people to not contact you on myspace.You're not massively in the public eye. You're quite a funny man but get a fucking grip lad.It may well all dry up at some point and you'll want them to ask where your next gig is then.

Thanks,

Emma

Matt Whitby said...

Lovely photo. It has an Edward Hopper feel to it.